Top 5 Best Activity Trackers You Can Buy [Updated 2020]
In this post we look at some of the best activity trackers you can get, a tracker can be a very good way to supercharge your fitness efforts. Fitness trackers, also known as activity trackers, can be used to monitor a range of fitness related metrics. The most obvious one is counting how many steps you’ve done throughout the day; however, a fitness tracker can also be used to get an idea of how many calories you’ve burned, your quality of sleep, or even your heart rate.
They can be very useful to someone who is into fitness, or even someone who just wants to lead a healthier life. Of course, with the huge range of options out there it can be difficult finding the perfect one. In this post we will look at the top 5 fitness trackers you can buy. We will look at a range of factors such as value for money, features and quality of the product.
Why get a Fitness Tracker?
I’m mean sure, a smartphone can be used to track fitness related metrics, just like a fitness tracker. However, a fitness tracker can take you to that next level.
Firstly, unless you are carrying your phone on you 24/7, you will probably miss out a portion of your activity, such as steps and movement. Some fitness trackers also feature a heartrate monitor which simply can’t be done in a smartphone, since it isn’t attached to your wrist.
Apart from the features a fitness tracker has, a fitness tracker can also simply be a way to get you on track with your fitness. By constantly having a fitness tracker on your wrist, it can be a reminder of your goals and what you want to achieve.
Fitness trackers aren’t for everybody, but they can certainly be very beneficial for some, if you think a fitness tracker is right for you then keep reading.
Best Activity Trackers
Its hard to think about activity trackers without a Fitbit coming to mind. With that being said, the Fitbit Charge 3 top of our list, for a few reasons. Firstly, it has a good screen size (compared to other Fitbit charge’s), also it has many features such as a heart rate tracker, swim tracking and guided breathing. You can also track your GPS movements; however, you will need to do this while connected to your phone which shouldn’t be a problem for most people.
It has several modes that can help you with many types of exercises such as running, cycling, yoga, circuit training and more. The Fitbit charge 3 is both swim proof and waterproof, up to 30 meters. So, you shouldn’t have any problems swimming or taking it in the shower. Which is useful
- Stylish product with a good screen
- Includes GPS when connected with your phone
- Heart rate tracker
- 7 Day battery life
- Sleep tracking
- Easy to Use
- One customer describes the Fitbit as a great upgrade from the Alta. The customer says he is impressed with how light it feels in the wrist, and the number of features it has.
- Another customer says that the device is great however the customer had a few issues with updates.
- Another customer says she has been wearing the Fitbit for several days and has found that it is easy to use. She also really likes the changes she can make with the watch face.
The TOMTOM spark is another one of the best activity trackers, this fitness tracker is great if your focus is strenuous exercises. It probably doesn’t have as many features as a Fitbit, but what it does have it does well. A great feature of this device is the route exploration, so if you go out for a run, you can always find your way back.
In terms of price it is probably not the cheapest fitness tracker, but it has more than its fair share of features to make up for that. This model has both GPS tracking and a heartrate monitor. Both very useful additions. And unlike the Fitbit Charge 3, you don’t need your phone with you to utilise the GPS features. However, if you’re someone who listens to music on the run then you would still need your phone. Still, it’s a good deal overall.
- Built in GPS monitor
- Heart rate monitor
- Route exploration
- Built-in Music Player
- Multiple Sports Modes
- One customer thought this watch was for running, he found that the route mapping was done well and was easy to follow.
- Another customer has given feedback after owning the watch for 2 years. The customer says the watch is a reliable GPS tracker and one of the most accurate this user has used.
- Another customer says this is a great watch for the price, it supports the customer in monitoring exercise.
The thing that really makes this watch stand out is the price. The activity tracker isn’t perfect. But in terms of value for money, it is on the top of the list. It would be hard to find something better at a similar price point.
The Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is a very sleek looking watch. The watch is lightweight and comfortable, it will connect to your device via Bluetooth and works with both iPhones and Android. Some of its features include a heart rate monitor, a pedometer, a sleep monitor and the date/ time.
The touchscreen is large and readable, you can also view things like the weather, in addiction to the time. The watch face is customisable.
- Low price
- Heart rate monitor
- Sleep Monitor
- Date/ Time and Weather
- One customer says the watch is a lot better than he expected. He says considering the price you get what you pay for and then some, he also adds that the strap is comfortable, and the step tracker is accurate.
- Another customer states that this fitness tracker has an impressive battery life. The user says that
One of the best-selling points for this smartwatch is its GPS tracker. The activity tracker has a lot of the features you would expect however the reason it is not higher on our list is because the usability of the watch is not as good as a Fitbit for example.
As you would expect, the watch syncs with your phone, and gives you some stats such as your steps, calories burned, the distance travelled and of course the time. You also get occasional alerts to ley you know when you aren’t moving enough. Overall, if you don’t mind the design and use ability, this watch is a solid choice for you.
- Step counter
- Alerts when inactive
- GPS tracker
- Allows you to set goals
- One customer says this product is great for everyday use and has really helped him track fitness and workouts, he says the app also works well. The only noticeable negative is that you can scratch the watch easily.
- Another customer says you need to spend some time with the setup however once you are familiarised with everything, the product works like a charm.
Last on the list of our best activity trackers. This is one to get if you are somewhat on a budget. The Huawei is a premium looking watch that features a step tracker, water resistance, a built in GPS and different sport modes.
The multi sports mode lets you select an indoor/ outdoor run, cycling, swimming, and various other types. This also compliments the heart rate tracker which can give you real time data while exercising.
Other useful features of the phone include a shutter which can double as a camera shutter. So, you can take shots from a distance from your smartphone. Also, a smart finder so if you ever forget your phone, this tracker has you covered.
- Low cost activity tracker
- Camera shutter
- Find my phone tracking
- Exercise tracker
- GPS tracking
- One customer says it is a solid watch based on cost, however it isn’t amazing. You get what you pay for, no more no less.
- Another customer says she is pleased with her purchase of this fitness tracker. It is as she expected and is a solid replacement for her previous (Fitbit Charge 2).