Last updated on May 14th, 2023 at 04:34 pm
In this post, we discuss losing weight with smoothies. Smoothies are a great tool for weight loss because they contain low calories and high nutrients and are very sweet. It makes a weight loss journey easier to cope with and more enjoyable.
Losing Weight With Smoothies
Smoothie helps in weight loss because you get a lot of nutrients in a glass with very low calories. When you know how to make a balanced smoothie by including healthy fats, vitamins, nutrients, complex carbohydrates, and protein, you know the smoothie diet’s weight loss game.
Adding some superfoods to your smoothie gives you many nutrients without increasing calories. You can also add certain ingredients that can increase your metabolic rate, keep you full for longer, and increase your energy to lose weight more efficiently.
Best Ingredients To Add To Your Weight Loss Smoothie
Not every smoothie can help you lose weight, but certain ingredients can. So it is advisable every time that you focus on these ingredients. I have made a list of these ingredients for you.
Avocado gives smoothie an ideal creamy texture. It provides healthy fats that will keep you full until the next milk and a tone of health-promoting Minerals and vitamins.
Any kind of berry is very good for your smoothie. Berries bring that sweet texture to your smoothie without adding any artificial sweeteners. Berries provide fiber and also provide antioxidants for your overall health. Fiber keeps you full for longer
3. Cayenne pepper
This will give a spicy touch to a smoothie and boost your metabolism. It gets its quality metabolism-boosting from a compound called capsaicin. Consuming a little cayenne pepper will keep you full for longer and keep you from consuming unnecessary fat and carbohydrate; in other words, it will keep you away from consuming more unnecessary calories.
4. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds contain fiber and protein that both helps you in losing weight. Your smoothie should contain 10 grams of fiber and 15 grams of protein. Besides fiber and protein, chia seeds contain many antioxidants, calcium, and Omega 3 fatty acids. It is also helpful to remove toxins from your digestive tract.
This Spice boost metabolism of glucose by this way it controls blood sugar levels. This is why it reduces the glucose level in your blood, which can be later stored as fat. The most sensitive fat in your body to this spice is your abdominal fat.
6. Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt consist of a good amount of protein that can satisfy your should be protein amount in weight loss smoothie. Also, it provides a very creamy texture to your smoothie. Don’t go for flavored Greek yogurt because it contains a lot of sugar.
7. Healthy Fat
Healthy fats are necessary for your diet to reduce your appetite for hours. Cutting fats out of your diet is not a good way to lose weight because you will feel unsatisfied even when you eat. Eating a good amount of healthy fat is a significant part of any weight loss diet. Healthy fat is also beneficial to your overall health. Add healthy fat to your smoothie by adding avocado, coconut oil, and nuts.
Worst Ingredients To Add To Your Losing Weight Smoothies
There are certain ingredients that you should avoid that sabotage your weight loss journey. The most important thing is that you shouldn’t use a lot of sugar in your smoothie and also minimize the natural sugar. For artificial sugar, it is a big no-no. Know in the below list which ingredients you should avoid.
1. Canned fruits or vegetables
Don’t use canned Fruits and Vegetables in your weight loss smoothies because these canned food contains a preservative and added sugar. These preservatives and added sugar increase calories. Also, canned food loses its nutritional value a lot. Fresh fruit and vegetables have their natural nutrient value.
Dairy products like frozen yogurt, ice cream, and milk are often used in smoothies, but these contain extra calories. Yes, you can use plain milk and raw and full-fat Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is low in calories and protein, but you should avoid most Dairy.
3. Fruit juice
Don’t add fruit juices to your weight loss smoothies. The fruit juices you buy from Supermarkets contain a lot of sugar, calories, less nutritional value, and fiber.
4. Too many sweet fruits
Don’t blend a lot of sweet fruits in your smoothie at once. Try to add a Limited fruit combination every time with leafy greens, green vegetables, and nuts. If your smoothie tastes too sweet, it contains a lot of sugar.
Can Losing Weight With Smoothies Alone Possible?
- If you want to lose weight, simply changing your diet is not enough.
- Yes, if your weight loss smoothies are created with a proper plan, you will get your healthy vitamins, minerals, and nutrients all in one place. But besides that, you should also eat green vegetables, a moderate amount of fruits in your daily meal, good quality protein, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- Also, you are required to eliminate bad artificial sugar from your diet and cut back on bad fat in your diet.
- Dietitian will better assist you concerning your health and body. To crave sugar, you should consume only natural sugar and healthy fats in moderate amounts. It would help if you also talked to a dietitian in this regard.
- Decide on your proper diet. It would help if you also focused on your daily physical activity. UNESCO requires 8000 steps to be taken daily by every human being for their good health. It may be just walking. But you can choose any physical activity or exercise for you.
- Before indulging in some exercise, you should talk to your physician. They can better suggest the type of exercise and duration according to your health and body.
- Other factors that affect your weight loss journey are dehydration, stress, and lack of sleep.
- Focus on mindful eating, eat smaller plates, don’t watch TV while eating, eat colorful foods (colorful means healthy green vegetables and fresh fruits), and chew your food slowly and a little more.
- Everyone’s body is different. Not everyone is created to have six packs of abs and a body like a supermodel, but you should eat healthily and exercise to get a good body. Please don’t waste your efforts by comparing your body to someone else.
Rick Kaselj MS, is a leading kinesiologist and injury specialist as well as co-creator of the best-selling Unlock Your Hip Flexors program. Rick creates exercise programs that help people heal injuries and eliminate pain, so they can go back to living a full, active, healthy life.