4 Best Weighted Vest You Can Buy [Updated 2020]
In this post we will be listing the best weighted vest’s you can buy. The general purpose to use a weighted vest is to add extra body weight during your workouts. It is usually made from heavy material and may have extra pockets to add weight to.
Here are a few examples of exercises you can do with weighted vests
- Pull ups
- Push ups
- Sit ups
By strapping in extra weight on you during your workouts, you instantly increase resistance. This of course makes your body work harder which in turn makes the workout more effective. Simply adding a weighted vest can increase the number of calories you burn and can even help with bone density as you are loading the skeletal system.
Now that we’ve discussed what a weighted vest is, and how to use one. We will go through the top weighted vests you can buy. We will be assessing value for money, product quality and several other aspects.
Best Weighted Vest
1. RUNFast Max Pro Weighted Vest
This weighted vest by max pro comes with 12 pounds of weight up until 60 pounds of weight. You can just select the weight that suits you best. One size fit most, and the weights can be removed in the different models. It is a top selling product and gives you space to keep headphones and a water bottle, which could be handy.
- Price: $$
- 12, 20, 40, 50 and 60 LBS,
- Top selling product
- One size fit most
- One customer bought this product to assist her with running exercises and climbing stairs. She says the vest was perfect and offered good value for money. It really made her quads burn.
- Another customer says the value is good, the product seems durable and the Velcro straps look like they can last.
- Another customer says the quality is great, and the sandbags are easy to remove so if you want to decrease weight, you shouldn’t have any difficulties.
2. CROSS101 Adjustable Camouflage Weighted Vest
If you have a bit more money to spend and want something which is top quality, this weighted vest by CROSS101 may be for you. The vest comes in a camo design and comes in 12LBS all the way up to 140lbs. Weight is of course removable. This product also features pockets which you can insert your smartphone or any small device into. You can also buy these with shoulder pads to ease the strain on your shoulders.
- Price: $$$
- 12 LBS to 140 LBS
- Pockets included
- Removable weight
- Shoulder pads available
- One customer says this is a great quality vest however, it can be hard to run with. He went for a 2.5 mile run and noticed cuts where the vest was running
- Another customer says she is a 5’5 female and was surprised how well it fits, so it really is a one size fits all. She said the dual Velcro straps help keep it in place
- Another customer says the product itself is great however if you are going for the heavier weights you will find it hard to maintain as the weight is focused on the shoulders. Therefore, he recommends you get these with the shoulder pads.
3. Aduro Sport Weighted Vest
The Aduro weighted vest is more suited to exercises where you move around a lot. For example, running. A unique feature of this vest is that it evenly distributes weight and includes straps which help with giving you a customized fit. It is made from breathable material and includes an extra mesh pocket for storage.
- Price: $$
- Great for cardio
- 6 to 12 pounds available
- Evenly distributes weight
- Adjustable strap
- One customer says this is one of the most comfortable weighted vests she has used. She says it was a good fit and she could really feel the weight was distributed evenly.
- Another customer says he used this vest for pull ups and pushups. It really made things more challenging which is exactly what he was looking for.
- Another customer says the vest was great however there was a strong chemical smell on it. Other than that, it worked as she expected.
4. ZFOsports Weighted Vest
Another great vest with many high rated reviews. The ZFOsports weighted vest has a pocket for your phone or music devices. It also has a water bottle holder which can accommodate smaller water bottles. It comes in 2 designs, simple black and arctic.
- Price: $$
- Pockets for your phone
- Water bottle holder
- One customer says this belt is great for walking. He also says the top pocket is very convenient and he uses it for his keys and cell phone.
- Another customer says this belt is okay however it doesn’t fit too well with smaller people. She says that it doesn’t strap down tight enough on her. And she’s a 5”2 female.