7 Best Weightlifting Straps for Lifting Heavy [Updated 2020]
Are you someone who lifts heavy? Do you need extra wrist support when lifting? If you answered yes to those questions, then weight lifting straps might be the perfect for you. Weight lifting straps are useful as they provide support to your wrists with your maximum lift efforts. They help balance out excesses movement and may prevent possible injury. In other words, they allow the lifter to focus on the lifting aspect rather than the grip aspect. Below we list the top weight lifting straps you can buy.
Best Weight Lifting Straps
These weightlifting straps aren’t your typical straps. By looking at them you can already probably guess, they feature an additional hook in addition to the strap. This hook design is great particularly for pull exercises like deadlifts or even pull ups. The hook and strap help relieve all tension from the wrist area and allow you to fully focus on lifting the maximum amount of weight your muscles allow for.
- Price: $$$
- Includes a unique hook as well as strap
- Premium quality material
- Wrist padding
- One customer says these straps really help make a different with his maximum reps. The customer also says the construction on this product is solid and it is built to last
- Another customer says the straps are okay however she finds that they are too small for her. It isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ as shown.
- Another customer also says these gloves are built super tough, even with his heavy routine he is still able to work out in comfort.
Want something cheap that simply gets the job done? The Harbinger cotton lifting straps might be a good choice. These straps are low in price and simple to use. They measure 20.5 inches long and are 1.5 inches wide. The straps will essentially increase your grip strength, while helping you maintain a good feel of the bar. According to the manufacturers they increase grip strength by 20%
- Price: $
- Durable straps
- Simple to use
- One customer says that he finds these straps great because they aren’t too expensive and they do what is expected, he says because of these straps he feels stronger at the gym.
- Another customer says they do get the job done however he would have preferred if they were slightly taller
- Another customer says the straps work well for slippery pull up bars.
These straps from Gymreapers look great, they come in 5 different colors. Black, Red, Green, Desert and Black/ Red. The grip is designed to get you lifting more on shrugs, deadlifts or any other heavy lifts. They are built to last even through tough training sessions, and the manufacturer also offers a replacement guarantee if you do have any issues at all with the straps.
- Price: $$
- Great looking straps that come in a variety of colors
- Premium cotton build
- Long strap
- One customer says that the quality of this product really stands out, he says the padding on the straps really make a difference
- Another customer says that these are his favorite straps, he has used them with deadlifts, and he says they are comfortable and are the perfect length.
- Another customer says these straps are lightweight and worth including in your gym bag.
Another set of mid-range priced weightlifting straps, these straps are from ProFitness and come in two different colors, Black/ Red or Black/ White. These straps are a one size fits all, and as expected can be used with the usual lifts such as deadlifts, rows, of pull ups. They work for both barbells and dumbbells.
- Price: $$
- High Quality Straps
- Padding on the wrists
- Durable and comfortable
- One customer says she finally decided to switch from gloves to straps and she is glad she did, she says these straps helped her lift a lot more during deadlifts.
- Another customer says he is not surprised with the good quality as he has other ProFitness products, and he is yet to be disappointed
- Another custom says the kelvar lining gives extra grip, and they allow proper circulation as they are comfortable to wear.
These straps from iPow look slightly different to typical weightlifting straps, however they support your wrist just the same if not better. The straps are made from a high-quality elastic polyester material. You can adjust the size of these straps and they also include an extra loop for additional support and security. They come in a powerful red and black color that may or may not be a good thing depending on your preference.
- Price: $$
- Quality wrist straps
- Thumb loop with each strap
- Adjustable fit
- One customer says these wrist straps are okay but could be better. She states that the light support and moderate wrist range of motion should be fine for most people, however she required something to help her recover from injury with a more limited range of motion.
- Another customer states that these wrist straps are worth every penny, when he previously did squats, his wrists would hurt. This is no longer an issue thanks to these wrist straps.
Another wrist strap with the thumb loop, this product from KIROLAK, comes in two different colors – black and blue. The straps have a long and wide thumb look which provides comfort and are sold in a wraparound style which is quick and easy to put on. It is sold in a standard one size fits all which is suitable for both men and women (according to the manufactures). Not only can these wrist straps be used for weightlifting but are also great for climbing, cycling or any other activity.
- Price: $
- Wide thumb loop
- Comfortable stretchy material
- One customer says that the product is well packaged, and for the price is a good deal. He says the product is well stitched and seems strong.
- Another customer says the straps are simply not long enough as he expected. And it did not fit properly around his wrists.
- Another customer says the wrist straps are okay however it would help if they were more comfortable and supportive.
These wrist straps by Rip Toned are a best-selling product that come in a cool camo grey color. They stabilize your wrist and allow you to lift more. The straps are made from a high-quality elastic the stitching is accurate. The thumb loops are also there to add stability and support.
- Price: $
- High quality elastic
- Multiple designs including grey camo
- Added thumb loop
- One customer says these straps made a huge difference to him being able to work out. They are of high-quality build and allow him to do dips, curls and pull ups.
- Another customer says she was really impressed with the quality of service from Rip Toned, they checked up on her purchase and ensured she was satisfied with the product.
- Another customer says these wrist straps are much better than a lot of the alternatives out there. They are more comfortable and have are fairly flexible.