Losing Weight With Water and Lemon
For years, wellness bloggers, celebrities, and even health coaches have hyped the benefits of losing weight with water and lemon. They all claim that the combination of water and lemon jump-starts your metabolism, thus triggering weight loss. This powerful benefit was believed to be more effective when a warm glass of water and lemon was sipped first thing in the morning.
No one doubts the fact that drinking water is an important part of any for weight loss program. Drinking plenty of water is important for good health, but if you want to lose weight, you can lace the water with a dash or two of lemon juice. Take it first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth. But how true is this?
Facts About Weight Loss With Water And Lemon
- Lemon water is nothing more than just the juice of citrus fruit, lemon, mixed with water. It can be served either cold or hot and, in most cases, sweetened, depending on your personal preference.
- Lemon is a citrus that is rich in flavonoids, plant pigments that are very popular due to their potent antioxidant properties. This implies that they contribute to protecting your cells from harm or damage.
- Lemons also contain potassium and vitamin C which help in lowering your blood pressure as well as a lower risk of strokes and heart diseases, up to twenty-seven percent.
Benefits Of Weight Loss With Water And Lemon
- The best way to lose weight, according to The Lemon Juice Diet by Theresa Cheung, is to get rid of toxins in the human body and keep your digestive system as well as your liver healthy. Poor digestion has been identified as a significant barricade for weight loss as it stops the body from obtaining the required nutrients it needs to burn off fat. This leads to the accumulation of toxins in your bloodstream and this action impedes metabolism.
- This is where lemon juice comes in: when you add lemon juice to water, your digestive system is improved and your liver functions optimally. But despite this seeming benefits of water and lemon for weight loss, you should always keep in mind that eating a well-balanced diet will always be the foundation stone of not only reaching but maintaining your ideal’s weight.
- Water has always been a fundamental component of any detoxification diet plan while lemon water cleanses ensure that you drink more water. The enzymes in lemon water also help in stimulating liver functions as well as assist in the removal of toxic wastes from the human body.
- Losing weight with water and lemon also helps in suppressing your appetite so that you have fewer cravings for food while on your cleansing or detox plan.
- Although lemons are acidic on their own, when they are consumed, they turn alkaline since the citric acid does not generate acidity in the human body once it becomes metabolized. Lemons contain both ascorbic and citric acids which are metabolized readily by the body. This ensures that the mineral content of lemons alkalizes your blood, thus lowering the risk of getting diseases since infections thrive in acidic environments.