For years, wellness bloggers, celebrities, and even health coaches have hyped the benefits of losing weight with water and lemon. They all claim that the combination of water and lemon jump-starts your metabolism, thus triggering weight loss. This powerful benefit was believed to be more effective when a warm glass of water. And lemon was sipped first thing in the morning.
These two ingredients are some of the most effective ways to lose weight fast, thanks to their high water content and natural acids that aid in fat-burning and boosting your metabolism.
No one doubts that drinking water is important to any weight loss program. But how true is this? Drinking plenty of water is important for good health. But if you want to lose weight, you can lace the water with a dash or two of lemon juice. Take it first thing in the morning before brushing your teeth. In this blog post, we’ll explain exactly how water and lemon juice can help you lose weight faster than either of these alone.
Facts About Weight Loss With Water And Lemon
- Lemon water is just the juice of citrus fruit, lemon, mixed with water. It can be served either cold or hot and, in most cases, sweetened, depending on your preference.
- Plant pigments are very popular due to their potent antioxidant properties. This implies that they contribute to protecting your cells from harm or damage. Lemon is a citrus that is rich in flavonoids.
- Lemons also contain potassium and vitamin C, which help lower your blood pressure. As well as a lower risk of strokes and heart diseases, up to twenty-seven percent.
Benefits Of Weight Loss With Water And Lemon
- The best way to lose weight, according to The Lemon Juice Diet by Theresa Cheung, is to get rid of toxins in the human body. And keep your digestive system, as well as your liver, healthy. Poor digestion has been identified as a significant barricade for weight loss. This leads to the accumulation of toxins in your bloodstream, and this action impedes metabolism. As it stops the body from obtaining the required nutrients, it needs to burn off fat.
- This is where lemon juice comes in: when you add lemon juice to water. Your digestive system is improved, and your liver functions optimally. But despite the seeming benefits of water and lemon for weight loss, you should always keep in mind that eating a well-balanced diet will always be the foundation for reaching and maintaining your ideal weight.
- Water has always been a fundamental component of any detoxification diet plan, while lemon water cleanses ensure you drink more water. The enzymes in lemon water also help stimulate liver functions and assist in removing toxic wastes from the human body.
- Losing weight with water and lemon also helps suppress your appetite so that you have fewer cravings for food while on your cleansing or detox plan.
- Lemons contain ascorbic and citric acids, which are metabolized readily by the body. Although lemons are acidic on their own, when consumed, they turn alkaline since citric acid does not generate acidity in the human body once it becomes metabolized. This ensures that the mineral content of lemons alkalizes your blood, thus lowering the risk of diseases since infections thrive in acidic environments.