There was a time when you were slim, and you could go about your daily activities without a care in the world. But you suddenly began to notice that your belly has grown into a pot belly. You become frantic and start asking questions like “What causes lower belly pooch?”
You are not so different from other people who are in a similar situation. A lot of factors are responsible for causing lower belly pooch. Here are a few of them:
If you are a female and have been pregnant before, then you can relate. Pregnancy and C-sections have tremendous effects on women’s lower belly. Women find it difficult to get back their trim shape post-baby, but it is still possible with the right amount of exercise.
When your belly starts growing, your abdominal wall lengthens as well. This brings about a stretch, and once this condition is prolonged, they become weak and long. In the end, this causes a lower belly pooch.
The sedentary lifestyle most people lead leads to the accumulation of fat. When you sit down to watch TV, read, use your PC, etc. your posture can cause your abdominal muscles to switch off. Your chin drops down, and your shoulders roll forward.
In this posture, your belly protrudes like a pregnant woman while your back and hip muscles support your back. This seated position has a lot to answer for.
Inflamed internal organs and gut
Inflammation of the internal organs and gut can arise as a result of intolerances, bad foods or food allergies. When you eat foods that are not good for your body, your digestive system and gut may suffer inflammation.
When your gut becomes inflamed, they swell up, thus pushing your abdominal muscles to stretching point. The muscles lengthen, and it becomes difficult to get them to return to its proper shape as a result of weakness.
The thing about distended muscles is that it can be fixed, but it will take time.
Water retention and bloating can originate from several things;
- Artificial sweeteners that have a high sodium content
- High processed food diet
- Gluten products
- Lactose in wheat and dairy
Water retention can also be caused by hormones, especially in females at different times of the month.
What can you do about it?
- Start performing core stability exercises such as side plank, the plank, etc. If you lack ideas, you can go on YouTube to check out how it is done
- Perform research online to find out how you can stimulate your core while in a seated position
- Increase your intake of fiber and eat more whole grains
- Get more sleep
- Engage in high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and cardio exercises
- Register in your local gym so that you can perform adequate exercises under the supervision of a fitness expert. This is because there are different exercises for men and women
- Always seek proper advice from specialists.
- Cut down alcohol and sugar – you must focus on these critical areas if you want to lower your belly pooch
Hopefully, this article has provided answers to the question “what causes lower belly pooch?” and what you can do to lower your tummy.
Ready To Get Healthy And Lose Some Serious Weight Fast?
Adding healthy green smoothies into your diet is a quick and easy, all-natural way for busy women to improve their health and lose weight. There are lots of delicious recipes that are quick and easy to make and won’t break the bank. Whether you are just trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs or you want to lose 30 lbs or more, I encourage you to watch this FREE video presentation and try Drew Smoothie Diet Program to see how effective detox smoothies for weight loss can be.